The 8th meeting of the Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts will take place in Brussels on April, 24.
Topics to be addressed include:
– Overview of initial outcomes from the public consultations on EU funds in the area of cohesion (Post-2020 Multiannual Financial Framework)
Implementation of the partnership principle: Update on the activities of the Thematic Network on Partnership and Feedback from Structured Dialogue members
-The main findings of the Strategic report 2017 on the implementation of the ESI Funds
– A first assessment of the European Pillar of Social Rights
On the basis of Article 5(6) of Regulation (EU) No 1303/2013 (Common Provisions Regulation), the Commission set up an expert group with partners at EU level in the field of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESI Funds), for the programming period 2014-2020.
The “Structured Dialogue with European Structural and Investment Funds’ partners group of experts” was formally established through Commission Decision C(2014) 4175 of 26 June 2014 .
Objectives and transparency
The mission of the Structured Dialogue group of experts is to establish an open, frank and informal dialogue with partners working in the field of the ESI Funds. The Structured Dialogue is a mutual trust building mechanism in order to bring the ESI Funds closer to civil society, assist the Commission in the development of this policy in the different areas of expertise and to discuss the implementation of the ESI Funds.
Structured dialogue members
The members of the Structured Dialogue are umbrella organisations at EU level. They have been selected according to their representativeness of one of the three categories of partners set out in Article 5(1) of the above-mentioned Regulation, following an open call for applications:
- associations representing regional, local, urban and other public authorities,
- economic and social partners,
- bodies representing civil society, such as environmental partners, non-governmental organisations, and bodies responsible for promoting social inclusion, gender equality and non-discrimination).