The European Commission launched the European Social Fund (ESF) Transnational Cooperation Platform in 2020. The platform builds on work conducted by nine thematic networks operating between 2015 and 2019. It aims to:
- Improve cooperation between stakeholders in all Member States – sharing information, knowledge, and experience with the aim to develop joint solutions to common challenges
- Build the capacity, skills, and confidence of managing authorities and other stakeholders to apply new knowledge and transfer practices with the support of peers from other countries
- Inform EU and national employment policies and reforms, harnessing experiences from the ground
The ESF Transnational Cooperation Platform conference will be an important milestone in acknowledging and promoting the work carried out by the members of the Communities of Practice over the past two years.
The conference will also be the opportunity to introduce the new setting to support transnational cooperation in the programming period 2021-2027 and ensure a smooth transition towards the ESF+ Social Innovation initiative, the new approach to foster transnational cooperation.
During the event, managing authorities and ESF+ stakeholders will have the possibility to flag topics that they would like to keep discussing in the future as well as provide feedback about approaches and ways of working together in the four Communities of Practice on:
- Employment, Education and Skills
- Social Inclusion
- Results-based Management
- Social Innovation
In detail this Conference has several objectives:
- Increasing the visibility of the work carried out by the four Communities of Practice under the ESF Transnational Cooperation Platform and its added value for ESF implementation;
- Sharing information about support to cooperation, mutual learning and capacity building under the ESF Social Innovation + initiative (transnational cooperation under ESF+ supporting transfer and scaling up of social innovation) and other fora;
- Allowing Managing Authorities and ESF+ stakeholders to put forward suggestions and offer feedback on new priority topics to be addressed under the ESF Social Innovation + initiative.
The meeting will take place online on:
31 May between 10.00 – 11.15 CEST and 14.00 – 15.30 CEST
1 June between 10.00 – 12.15 CEST and 14.00 – 15.00 CEST
You can register following this link until 23 May as latest.
Following this link you can find the agenda of the conference.
- More information about the ESF Transnational Cooperation Platform avilable at this link